Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Art of Photography

I'm finding that the hardest thing I am dealing with to get items posting on Etsy is photography! Years ago, I had my own Etsy shop, and I always envied beautiful photgraphs of items! I appreciate good lighting and a catchy photo. Now that I have items ready to physically sell, I'm trying to find the best way to showcase my creations. I look around my office and my house for *that perfect* area to take pictures. Everything I am looking at is through camera eyes. I'm hoping I will find the perfect area, but until then, I am just snapping different areas.




The first batch of items I will be listing is envelopes, I've been experimenting with many different sizes and styles. I've found the way that I want to package them for shipping, but just can't find the look I want for pictures. Below is a picture I took with the envelopes 'bound' for shipping. It doesn't show off all the envelopes in the collection, that's what I'm struggling with. /sigh


On a happier note, things are coming together very smoothly. I'm enjoying the fun of having a blog again, I find myself looking for excuses to post new things! Thanks to everyone that has checked out our blog. We are planning some giveaways in the near future to kick off our shop, so please remember to bookmark us or "follow" us so that you won't miss them!

-Blair

2 comments:

  1. As I've been learning the ins and outs of nice product photography, I've found that a large piece of white poster board or art paper can do wonders! I use it for a backdrop and also for reflecting light. I'm still amazing by this simple tool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you! I had another layout change, haha.
    Wow, I really can't wait to see your shop to launch. The envelopes look cute, :)
    When I need to take a photography of items, I normally use my timber floor as a background or a bare wall. LOL.

    P.S this is Patricia from http://bluemonday.ponterosso.net/
    I needed my livejournal to comment

    ReplyDelete